Estimated reading time: 3 minute(s)
Today—right now, in fact, at 5:13pm ET—I am celebrating ten years of writing for this blog.
On August 26th, 2003, I published this post (about blogging, and my love for board games) and thus began the journey.
I had intended to celebrate in a couple ways that never came to fruition.
First, I was going to remodel the website here—celebrate with a new look, and a new feature. I have some pretty neat ideas for ways to read through ten years of content. A “reader” of sorts (being a “view”) that will make for a more enjoyable way to browse all of this content.
But life got in the way of that plan.
Then, my plan was just to choose ten articles, one from each year of blogging, and link to them here. Celebrating 10 with 10. But as I combed through the virtual catacombs (a truly enjoyable experience for me, by the way) I discovered that such a task was far too much for me at the moment. Again, life getting in the way.
It’s not just busyness. It really is the volume of what I’ve shared—how could I choose just one post from each year?
And so I will let you celebrate with me at your own leisure. I may indeed continue this post at some point, highlighting my favorite posts from a given year. Or perhaps I will not. I am not certain from this vantage point.
But I do sincerely invite you to browse. I will someday have a nice way to do this, but for now, if you click the years below, you’ll be taken to a link that will display the posts from that calendar year in chronological order.
I’ve also left the posts I selected from three years I did get through. They are all relatively short (two or three minutes to read) and definitely ones that I think are worth resurrecting from the archive!
I do love to write, and will continue to do so. Nearly 800,000 words in just under 1,900 posts. That’s a decent effort for ten years of writing. (Maybe especially since this is not my primary task in life?)
It’s been fun for me to relive some of the earliest memories I’ve written here. I do hope you’ll take a moment or two (or more) and celebrate this day with me. Ten years down, we’ll see how many more!
If you have a favorite post, do share it in the comments below. You can use the Search box above to find the link.
Thanks for reading along for all these years!
in chronological order:
Some of my Favorites
- George (an interesting story from our musical touring days)
- The Water Shoe (Technically, this was several posts in 2003, but I published them as one story in my book, A Journey Shared, in 2005, and just posted that in my Memory Lane series this summer, 2013.)
- Optimum Performance
- The Joy of Life (a little story about Alex)
- Our Son, Jake (An very funny little story involving Alex. Guess he was fun at this age!)
- The Buffalo Bills Review (This was a fun moment in my life, short post regarding its inception.)
- My Computer Had a Heart Attack
- The Letter of The Law An Ian story… and lesson for me!
- Not What We Do, But Who We Are Regarding the church, as I was working on publishing my church book. Reminds me of this 2013 post.
There are many more … enjoy browsing the archives above.
What is one of your favorite GregsHead.net posts?
Happy Decaversary! I know I have appreciated your blog over the years… what a neat way to “stay connected” with people even when distance and time don’t seem to bring us all physically back together! Quite the feat you have accomplished!
Thanks, Jill. Glad we’ve kept in touch with you guys, too 🙂