Estimated reading time: 2 minute(s)
Today is Alex’s 5th birthday. Yup, he’s 5 years old on October 5th! Aunt Melissa calls this his “Golden Birthday”. I turned 30 a couple years ago on the 30th. I spent the entire day with my family… driving. 🙂 We were on tour, heading home from the west coast.
Well, today, we’re going to celebrate Alex’s “Golden Birthday” right!
It started last night with a free Birthday Burger at Red Robin. Fun! Just Dad and Alex. We had a blast!!! We played loud music in the van on the way there and back, and just sang and played and had a great time together. The food was fantastic, too! And Alex got the customary Red Robin birthday song sung to him by a bunch of RR waitresses. Very nice.
TODAY, being his actual birthday, here’s the planned line up for celebrating 5 on 5.
The party starts precisely at 5pm. That’s when we’ll head out for some fun. We’ll be doing 5 main things for the night.
- Dinner will be one of Alex’s faves, a 5-piece chicken nuggets at Wendy’s. (With fries, of course)
- Alex will get to play $5 worth of games at Chuck-E-Cheese (another Alex favorite!)
- We’ll make a stop at Wal-Mart so he can get 5 Hot Wheels cars (yet another Alex favorite!)
- Krispy Kreme will be on the list, where we’ll get 5 donuts (one for each of us, and again, an absolute Alex favorite!)
- And the fifth thing for the night? A visit to the APPLE STORE!!! (no five here, just, the fifth thing, and something Alex wanted to do on his b-day.) 🙂
Should be a really fun night, with a really fun boy. If you haven’t met Alex, I really hope you get to. He’s one of the most fun people I know. Everytime I see him, he makes me smile. He has a great heart, and is super multi-talented. We’re definitely glad God chose to put Alex in our family.
Happy Birthday, Alex!!! We love you!!!