Estimated reading time: 2 minute(s)
A friend asked yesterday what we’ve been up to this summer. I feel like we’ve been busy, but for whatever reason when he asked that was all I could remember… being busy. The only specifics I could remember were hanging out with friends and eating ice cream!!! Ha! That has kinda been a theme of this month…
Here’s an update on the ice cream consumption for week three of July. I have eaten ice cream every day, but I’ll just do the highlights here. If there’s no highlight, I just had some ice cream from the freezer, homemade or store bought.
- 7/15 – We only ate once at Chill & Grill with the Chis. The first time did us in! Oh, well, maybe those homemade chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches, too? 🙂
- 7/16 – I tried Perry’s White Lightning for the first time on Monday night. One of my new top five favorites!!
- 7/17 – SUPER FUN homemade ice cream party with friends. I made a gallon of vanilla, and a half gallon of strawberry on Monday night, and then Tuesday night we ate a lot! There were tons of great toppings too! It was a feast! I had three and a half bowls!!!
- 7/18 & 7/19 – Just a little ice cream from the freezer was the treat for these days!
- 7/20 – An impromptu trip to Dari-an in Farmington, NY followed a nice dinner with some friends at our house. I had mango dole-whip (a sort of soft-serve sherbet). Tasty!
- 7/21 – Our first visit to Coldstone Creamery in Pittsford, NY was the ice cream treat for yesterday! (Though I did finish off some of the homemade strawberry later that night…) Coldstone has some great inclusions (the stuff you mix into your ice cream). I had mint mint chocolate chocolate chip. And it really was that. 🙂
Believe it or not, I really have eaten ice cream (and sometimes a LOT of it) every day this month! 21 days and counting!